Thursday, 20 June 2013

20 th June. Good and bad news this week

I will start with the GOOD NEWS 
   Our COURGETTES, SPRING ONIONS, CHARD, SPINACH,  SCORZONERA and CARROTS have come up



Now the BAD NEWS

Our cats have wrecked the netting and been digging so
 I have had to put wire netting over the vegetable beds

 The SWEDES called Marian came up ( did my Mum name me after a Swede I wonder )
 Slugs have eaten every Swede already ! I caught about 30 Slugs by torchlight this evening

Still waiting for The KOHL RABI, BUTTERNUT SQUASH and FENNEL to come up.  Eaten by Slugs I expect



Only one FRENCH BEAN called Speedy has come up..... or the others have been eaten ?
 It said " Ready in 7 weeks on the packet 
 I have planted the rest of the packet and marked where they are with sticks in what now looks like a Vegetable Graveyard
I hope everything perks up if and when the sun comes out

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate and do read all comments. Only moderated to avoid Spam. Marion x